Emoticons or emojis have become the perfect way to react to comments or images on social networks and messaging applications. We have seen how in Spain even older users have chosen to use them.
Every year the number of emoticons expands with dozens of new elements, but Google went a step further in February of this year, creating Kitchen of emojis. Within what was the new Gboard feature, we could design our own emojis.
Google creates 14,000 new variants of emojis
With this new feature of the Google keyboard, we were allowed to merge two emojis into one creating a third new emoji, which was not available elsewhere.
The new emojis are now available in Gboard Beta, which you can download by signing up for the Google keyboard testing phase from this link. If you prefer to wait for the stable version to arrive, you don’t have to do anything.
How to use or disable this feature on the Google keyboard
To be able to mix the emojis we simply have to follow these steps:
- Open an app where you have to use the keyboard.
- Display the Google keyboard.
- Click on the emoji icon.
- Hold down on an emoji and wait for the recommendations to appear.
- Select which sticker you want to use.
If, on the contrary, we do not like the new function, we can deactivate it in the following way:
- Open an application in which you have to use Gboard.
- Tap on the gear icon, which opens the keyboard settings.
- Go into Settings.
- Go to the Preferences section.
- Look for the Suggestions option in the emoji explorer.
- Turn off the switch for this option.
- Exit the settings.
The entry Google keyboard updates with (almost) unlimited emojis appears first in The Free Android.