ASUS continues to reap the rewards after the launch of ZenFone 7 Pro, its curious smartphone with a «Flip» -type camera has passed through the DXOMARK laboratories with great results and, above all, standing out in the selfie section.
The ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro left a very good taste in our mouths after passing through our ‘review table’. We liked the commitment to the different, it is appreciated that the manufacturers dare with something different.
We had already seen motorized cameras in the past, and in the case of the ZenFone 7 Pro the front camera is completely dispensed with to incorporate a single camera module for rear and front. We have a motorized camera that flips the triple rear camera in an instant and we have all those sensors available for our selfies or front videos.
The Asus ZenFone 7 Pro camera under review
Thus, after passing the tests of the well-known DXOMARK laboratory that analyzes all the camera capabilities of all smartphones, the Asus ZenFone 7 Pro has achieved an overall score of 115 points in the DXOMARK Mobile ranking, and a selfie score of 101.
One of the advantages of the flip system is that it allows all the versatility offered by the same integrated sensors to be brought to the front.
In the photography sub-scores he has achieved 122 points, and 100 points in video recording. This motorized camera makes it stand out above all in the specific section of selfie photographs, with 104 points in the DXOMark Selfie ranking and 96 points in selfie video recording, a result with which it is placed in the first general position.
Among the highlights is the level of detail and texture that it is capable of achieving, as well as the speed of focus in all types of lighting conditions.
You can find the Asus ZenFone 7 Pro on its official website with all the details, prices and variants.
Asus Zenfone 7 Pro: technical characteristics
- Asus Zenfone 7: Snapdragon 865.
- Asus Zenfone 7 Pro: Snapdragon 865+.
- Asus Zenfone 7: 6/8 GB LPDDR5.
- Asus Zenfone 7 Pro: 8 GB LPDDR5.
- Asus Zenfone 7: 128 GB UFS 3.1.
- Asus Zenfone 7 Pro: 256 GB UFS 3.1.
- Expansion by microSD cards in both models.
- AMOLED technology from Samsung.
- Diagonal: 6.67 inches.
- Aspect ratio: 20: 9.
- FullHD + resolution.
- Refresh rate: 90 Hz.
- Tactile sampling: 200 Hz.
- Latency: 1 ms.
- Color space: 110% DCI-P3, Delta E <1.
- Average brightness: 700 nits.
- Contrast: 100000: 1.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 glass.
- Sony IMX 686 main sensor of 64 Mpx, f / 1.8.
- 12MP Sony IMX 363 ultra-wide-angle sensor, 113 ° field of view.
- 3x telephoto.
- Flip camera:Motorized mechanism that allows us to use the rear cameras on the front.
- Zenfone 7 Pro:The main and telephoto sensors have optical stabilization.
- Capacity: 5000 mAh.
- 30W fast charge.
- 30W USB PD charger included.
- 5G on main SIM. 4G on the second SIM.
- Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1 with Qualcom aptX Adaptive support.
- GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and NavIC.
- Measurements:165.08 x 77.28 x 9.6 mm.
- Weight:230 grams.
- Android 10.
- Personalization layer: ZenUI 7.
- Colors:Aurora Black, Pastel White.
- Transparent cover included.
- Active cover included.
The entry The motorized camera of the ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro stands out in the DXOMark tests it appears first in The Free Android.