One of the largest Android manufacturers in Spain is Samsung. The company a few months ago announced a new policy for system updates for three generations for some models, but it seems that they are willing to go one step further in terms of support by announcing a new policy for security updates.
List of Samsung mobiles with 3 years of guaranteed updatesSamsung has published a list of the models in its catalog that will be updated to the new versions of Android for at least three years.
Samsung continues to strengthen its security policy
As we store more and more personal information on our devices, security updates have become an indispensable added value, even more valuable than Android updates that include new features.
Samsung has always had a very open policy regarding security updates, indicating which models receive security updates on a monthly or quarterly basis. Although this is a good policy, there were aspects to improve, such as knowing with certaintyfor how long will these mobiles update.
The policy we have praised for the Galaxy S7 will apply to the entire catalog.
The company has announced that from now on, all Galaxy products will have 4 years of security updates with updates that may be monthly or quarterly depending on each model. This policy will not only apply to all new devices, but it affects all mobiles and tablets that have been launched since 2019. The four years of support begin to count from the launch date of the specific mobile, so a device that was released in March 2019 will receive security updates until March 2023.
That they apply this policy to all their devices seems to us a wise decision, and not only for the longevity of it. Offering an update policy as transparent as possible is one aspect that Samsung is doing great and that its rivals should follow.
Current devices that will have 4 years of updates
- Foldable Galaxy Devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S: S10, S10 +, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20 +, S20 + 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21 + 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10 +, Note10 + 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G , A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7 +
The entry All Samsung Galaxy from 2019 onwards will have 4 years of security updates appears first in The Free Android.